“Does laser hair removal hurt?” It’s the most common question comes to mind. Pain is a very subjective feeling vary from person to person. When it comes to laser some people feel pain can range from minimal discomfort to snapping of a rubber band. For that reason, therapists use local numbing medicine. Besides the pain issues, there are several other points regarding laser hair removal. So let’s jump into the most commonly asked questions about laser hair removal.
Why Laser Hair Removal?
Finding a way to remove unwanted hair can be a real challenge. Even though there are plenty of traditional hair removal options out there, they are usually far from ideal.
Shaving is quick, but the hair will be back in just a few days – the small cuts and ingrown hairs aren’t fun either.
Waxing or sugaring will thoroughly remove the hair, so you don’t see it for a few weeks, but the entire process of pulling the hair out of its root is just painful. Not to mention, it’s sticky, messy and time-consuming. Does not resolve the common problem of ingrown hair.
Depilatory creams will dissolve hair in minutes, but they have such an intense, awful smell that’s hard to deal with. They can also dry out your skin and cause irritation, eczema and allergic reaction due to chemical ingredients.
And then there’s laser hair removal, which gained popularity in the last decade. Well, here are the top 3 reasons people are turning to laser in scores!
1. Laser hair removal is simpler: Unlike other hair removal methods that involve everything from sharp razors to chemicals, this procedure uses a laser beam to remove hair. The laser eliminates hair by targeting pigmentation that is in the hair follicle without affecting the surrounding skin tissue.
2. Laser treatment is preventive for Skin: Lasers produce a specific wavelength of light that passes through the skin and is absorbed by the hair follicle. The light damages the hair follicle and disrupts its growth, causing the hair to fall out. Any hair that does grow back will be lighter, finer and fewer in number.
3. Laser treatment is quick: Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, while large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to half an hour, depending on the individual.
WHY LASER CLINICS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO START YOUR PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL JOURNEY.
4 myths about laser hair removal
Myth NO° 1 – Laser hair removal is expensive
Not anymore! Thanks for the competition and reduced cost of the technology. The cost becomes quite affordable to most.
Since the main expense of the laser is first 6 – 8 months, in the long run, it would be cheaper than other traditional modalities, not mention the time saving and inconvenience.
Myth N0° 2 – Laser hair removal is only for specific skin types
Certain Laser machines work either on lighter or dark skins but not both, however, more advanced machines use both Alexandrite and Nd-Yag Laser which cover all types of skins.
Myth No° 3 – Laser hair removal is mainly for women
No! Men love laser – especially given the severity of ingrown hairs and unwanted hair that most men have to deal with. Such as neck, cheeks and underarms are inconvenient for men. Laser works very effectively for men as well on average requires about 8 sessions to get good results.
Myth No° 4 – All lasers are similar!
Definitely not all lasers are the same. Since laser treatment significantly depends on the type of laser machine and the therapist who provided the treatment, the benefit will vary from place to place.
Wherever place you choose for your laser treatments please keep in mind the following points:
- Make sure the clinic have laser machines that appropriate for your skin and hair type.
- Check the clinic and the therapist are licensed by the health authority.
- Make sure the therapist do a patch skin test before they start your first treatment.
- Make sure your therapist give priority to your comfort and safety
Why your journey should start with us!
Ok, so listen – we’ve all thought about laser hair removal before, and we know you’ve talked to friends about it – but every time you’ve ended up researching a clinic they don’t seem to get it right.
Either the clinic charges a month’s salary for a few treatments that isn’t open on the days you’re free, or you’ve turned up … sat on a couch…signed 10 forms and then had a fairly average customer service experience. The list goes on.
There are plenty of great laser providers out there but we’re here to change the traditional clinic by the client first in experience and price and so far you guys are loving it! We offer a state of the art clinic, conveniently located on the Jumeirah street and open 6 days till late. Our offering is simple, affordable and most importantly, medical-grade.
Our team of Therapists and Doctors are highly trained and put your comfort and safety first. They’ll also ensure you enjoy your experience with us. We provide you with results-driven treatments at affordable prices.